Stay in touch with our post cards!
10 Reasons to Vote Poster
Tax Attitude Group
News on the Michigan Legislature
* At the June meeting, LWVKA’s Board members voted to support the millage request on the August 4 ballot. The newly formed CCTA’s (Central County Transportation Authority) 0.75 mills requested ($.75 /thousand dollars of taxable value on all taxable property) would be levied within the CCTA boundary – the cities of Portage, Parchment, and Kalamazoo, the townships of Comstock and Kalamazoo, and several precincts in Oshtemo.
This millage would replace the 0.6 mills that Kalamazoo city residents are currently paying for bus service. The residents in the rest of the county have been paying 0.4 mills for line haul bus service.
Read more information about the Transportation Millage Vote on August 4, 2015 on page 5 of the June/July Bulletin.
In the August Bulletin:
- Meet & Greet
- Opportunities for Voter Registration
- Upcoming Candidate Forums
- Housing for the Homeless
- Money in Politics
- Constitutional Amendment Study
- LWVMI Redistricting
- Welcome New Members
- Women’s Equality Day
- LWVKA Board for 2014-2015
Looking for something from a past Bulletin? Check the archives or search the entire LWVKA website! PDF files are also available on this page.
|League of Women Voters Mission Statement
The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Send comments and questions
find it here?Check out League of Women Voters of Michigan www.lwvmi.org or Leauge of Women Voters U.S. at www.lwv.org
Help LWVKA continue our important work in the community. Please consider a donation today!
if you don't have time for active participation, your membership
and donations strengthen our ability to serve our community!
Join the League Today!
the LWVKA! Email
a link to this site